How To Make ‘Konda Kavum’ For This New Year..
- Rice flour – 1 Sheer
- Coconut sirup – ¼ measure
- Salt for a propotion
- Oil for frying
- First sieved the flour finely.
- Then add coconut sirup for that & mixed it well by adding a little of salt & a little of hot water.
- If the mixture gets too thick & you are also not sure about the density of it, it is better to fry a Kavum & see whether it is ok, before to add water.
- Ready a found- base frying pan to cook with boiling coconut oil /vegetable oil.
- Pour a spoonful from the mixture.
- Then it will starts to fry & the center emerges pour in a little more from the mixture & do not allow it to go through.
- Then keep it crushing with a cane in round & round.
- At the same time splash the boiling oil on the fritter using the oil spoon for the purpose.
- To make the Konde of the Kavum you have to press round the base of the Konde (hair) with the spoon.
- Then it will get a proper shape. But for making a very best proper shaped Konda Kavum you should have a considerable practice of cooking Kavum.
- Finally when it get well- fried it must have a nice brown colour.
- Served this with a hot ginger tea for a better taste.